Pediatrician told what spices you can eat for children
It is always difficult for parents to determine which products can be given to children and which should not.
Contrary to popular belief, children can eat spices, and some of them even need to.
What you need to know about spices in baby food:
1. Children should not eat food flavored with red pepper, turmeric and saffron.
2. Horseradish is allowed only from 8 years old so as not to irritate the mucous membrane.
3. Ginger and cinnamon can be given from two years: they improve the appetite and increase the protective properties of the body.
4. Fennel is allowed from 4 months to improve the bowels, and from 10 months you can add dill and parsley to the diet.
5. Acquaintance with garlic begins with 1.5 years, and with rosemary and basil – with 2 years. Black pepper can be added only for 5 years.